Nico has over 18 years of genuine experience working with pastry. He has managed teams, catered for large events, provided group cooking courses, and been involved in the start up of new restaurant and cafe businesses, and now has experience starting his own business Honest Chocolat.
- Dessert / Pastry Menu Creating
- Staff Training and Ongoing Technical Support
- Recipe Development and Problem Solving
- Advice on Gluten Free, Dairy Free and other Dietary Requirement Recipes
- Implementation of Kitchen Operations and Processes
- Advice on How to Manage Food and Labour Cost
- Demonstrations and Group Cooking Lessons
Training can come in the form of putting together a new dish from scratch, using new equipment, or refreshers on skills and techniques. Not only does this deliver a better product, it helps to keep staff engaged, feel valued and part of a team.
- Coutanceau (France)
- Seeger's (USA)
- Kauri Cliffs (Northland, NZ)
- Sketch by Pierre Gagnaire (London)
- The Sugar Club by Peter Gordon (Auckland, NZ)
- Little Bird Organics (Auckland, NZ)
With a fast growing and competitive hospitality industry in NZ it has never been more important to stand out from the crowd and offer quality and consistent food. Particularly in Auckland the dessert scene has come a long way recently and customers are no longer looking for the predictable and lack lustre options found on dessert menus and in cafe display cabinets.
Sometimes the customer is let down due to a lack of skill, knowledge or focus on this area of the kitchen. This is where Nico can help with the specialist skills, yet versatility, to cater for the individual situation. It can be good to have a fresh pair of eyes to look objectively at dishes and either take control of the situation or work together to come up with ideas.
Selection of Sorbets, Burnt Meringue, Fresh Fruits and Marshmallows, The Gallery, Sketch London
Lemongrass Parfait, Grapefruit Marmalade, Macaron and White Chocolate, Sketch London
Raspberry Sablé Breton, Lychee Jelly and Raspberry Jam, Coutanceau France
Violet Macaron, The Parlour Sketch London
If you feel Nico could be of benefit to you and your team, please get in touch either by email or give us a call.